Saturday, January 9, 2010

This morning I attended a meeting where Kindy Segovia of the Kent Intermediate School District presented information on Assistive Technology for students. I was impressed with the amount of technology that is available to students to help in their learning and inspired by Kindy's knowledge of how technology can help our children to reach their potential.

I came away from the morning reminded that we live in a society where we have opportunities beyond most. And as the parents of children growing up today we have a responsibility to research, learn, and advocate for our children. Especially those children who may struggle to learn. If you have a child who is struggling to learn there may be technology out there that can aid their learning. I'm happy to pass on the information that Kindy gave me today and/or pass on Kindy's contact info. Send me and e-mail and I'll get that to you mhogeterp@gmail.com

Lastly, here's a quote from the info I received today: "The most dangerous experiment we can conduct with our children is to keep schooling the same at a time when every other aspect of our society is dramatically changing."

Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment